Thread: Mein Drumpf
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #419
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
So with your logic Baschar-al-Assad deserves respect too. Because of his position.
Was he an elected President of the United States?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Honest question for you: if the human being serving the position doesn't show respect to the position he holds (repeatedly lying, violating ethics rules, appointing corrupt people to office, using the most hallowed position for personal gain, violating multiple laws), why do you think the position should be given inherent reverence from others?
I never said to not call them out on things they do or say. That is a big difference. Starting an argument with captain shitbox just says that you don't really care about finding out what's going on and would rather jump spew garbage out. There are lot of funny names that could be given to both Bill and Hillary Clinton ... least of which has to do with getting a blowjob in the ooOOOOOOval AAAAAAAfice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
also, I wonder why you think talking bad about the specific man holding the office is disrespectful of the office, our government, etc.?
You know, I've actually wondered why this bothers me. I just feel that there are some things that should not be taken so glibly like this. If reduce thes President of the United States down to fart jokes and that just seems wrong to me. It tells me that there is no point is debating topics because it is literally meaningless other than a feel good feeling .. whether passing gas or making a joke at someone else's expense. I not trying to go the whole Holier Than Thou routine, but I do consider it to be different than calling NBA players names. Honestly, I never liked Michael Jordan when he was playing, but I had a deep respect for his ability. I've never liked Dwayne Wade and my level of respect is much, much lower ... but there is still some level of respect given.

Our government is supposed to uphold ideals and principles for the good of the people. It just seems like these should be serious topics. Are they, both specific people and positions, perfect? Hell no. But they are still a lot better than 98% of the rest of the world.

My last point would be that when people watch a lot of news, their tension spikes, they get bitter, road rage comes easier, and hateful responses are common. Why is this? Is there really this much hatred in the US? Honestly, I don't see it. I worry that this is the root of the problem. I worry that the news has actually stopped becoming news and started becoming 100% negative propaganda towards views that oppose their political stance. I worry that being bombarded with so much negativity encourages individual violent outbursts like we are seeing. Should the media be held to at least some amount of accountability? Does freedom of speech allow them to become a front for a political party and give heavy slants in their tone?