Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 04:07 AM   #413
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
IMO Trae Young isn't some can't-miss generational talent. He's a crafty point with deep range and a below average defender/ rebounder. Throttling both his and DSJ's development by putting them together would be a severe mistake. If he's what's left of the 'tier 1' guys when we pick, then trade down to pick up one of the Bridges and get a future 1st out of it.
Just listened to Seth Davis on with Chris Mannix of Yahoo Sports. I like the way he put this.

Mannix asked, "I have a lot of people telling me they see Trae Young as the 8th or 9th best prospect in this draft with a lot of room to move up if he has a big NCAA tournament performance. Where do you see Trae Young?"

Davis said, "Do we have to over think this? I guess we do or otherwise guys like you and I don't have jobs. Look Trae Young is leading the country in points and assists. Do we really have to over think this? What are we worried about? That he can't hit NBA threes? He's hitting NBA threes already. Did you see how he made a game-to-game transformation in his game going 7 of 9 for 26 pts vs Kansas? This kid is a prodigy. Like I said earlier (regarding Jayson Tatum), the bar for being an exceptional athlete is lowered when you're an exceptional shooter. Guys have to come out and guard you. Trae Young is an athlete, a good enough athlete for the special kind of shooter he is. That kid is going to be a special player in this league for years to come."

He went on to say that he thought Steph Curry would be a better defender in the NBA if he had to be.

I don't know, but every lottery pick comes with some inherent risk. I damn sure wouldn't pass on Trae Young because of stupid, faulty reasoning that had the Minnesota Timberwolves pass on Steph Curry twice taking Jonny Flynn and Ricky Rubio in front of him. If anything, I'd be scared to pass on Trae Young.

I don't see anyway Trae Young slides out of the top 5 in this draft. I'll probably have him in my top 3 by the time June rolls around.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote