View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 11:02 PM   #19
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
If we didn't have KP, and hopefully a healthy KP, then I'd agree with you. But man, you have to be able to shoot in today's game. Giannis is like the best role player of all time, but he just doesn't have that it factor when it comes to taking over games. At least, not in the playoffs and not yet. Look at what Dirk had to do shooting-wise to be able to win it all. I just don't see that in Giannis.
I said this in the other thread, but I'd trade 5 KP's for Giannis. Better yet, make it 10. If KP is the reason it's not working, then you trade KP yesterday. As for Giannis not being able to take over games and being the greatest role player ever... I mean... all the more reason he needs to play with someone like Luka. All the more reason he'd be the perfect #2 option, with Luka running the offense. That seems like an argument for Luka and Giannis being perfect together, not against.

Quote:
And I do think there are a lot of guys that fit really well with Luka.
I mean, he's one of the greatest playmakers the game has ever seen. No hyperbole. ANYONE would fit really well next to Luka- except a Harden or Westbrook or someone who needs the ball all the time.

Quote:
Now, with regards to fa 2021, you're totally right which is why the Giannis pipe dream was silly to chase. Best guess is some sort of trade for a disgruntled player since Mavs do trades as well as anyone.
I definitely think if we're ever going to get another all-nba caliber player, it will come via trade an not free agency. I just have no idea who. Beal seems to be on everyone's radar, but Washington seems dead set on him as their franchise player. So I guess we just have to wait for someone to get disgruntled. Because I really am not interested in Gobert.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote