View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #23
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
..quite frankly, this team is overachieving by virtue of being in the playoff hunt at all.
It it? I never bought into that. Certainly not one of the top tier teams in the West, but I wouldn't say in the bottom tier, either. It lacks elite talent, but has solid players through all the positions, and several deep into the bench. I thought when the Mavs were hovering around the 5th seed that that was about where they should be.

For the other posts...old and tired seems to be a theme. Can't argue, but that's scary. Old, yes, but would hope they could play a season without looking worn out. If that is the problem...how to you fix it? Longer term deals on several players, plus you would need to not just get younger, but replace their talent level, too, and at about their current price. Not an easy task.

Bottom line, I think, is that this is the end product of sucking at the draft consistently. That's how you get younger. The Mavs have only had 1 solid NBA player in the last...10 drafts? That's pathetic. Worse, I think it was intentional...they didn't want any young players taking up roster spots or cap room (draft salary slots).
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote