View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Dallas is mentioned in everything. I like this one though.

First of all, Shaq is still a huge post presence. He'll be one forever because of his size and ability. Now, can you even begin to imagine this team with a legit post presence? Think of all of the Devin Harris drives that would end in Shaq dunks. Think of the Dirk jumpers that would be even more open because of Shaq...

Granted, Shaq is a huge salary. He's also a legitimate health concern. For those reasons, i would hope that the talent trade off wouldn't be as steep.

I would think about dealing Damp, since he won't be needed with Shaq here. That would also allow you to keep Diop as the defensive minded sub for Shaq to gobble up those minutes while he's out.

After Damp, you still need to get 7 more million. I would think about adding Jet and asking for Dorrell Wright or Dequan Cook. I can't see the Heat going for that, so I would try to counter with Devean George and enough stuff to get me to 7 million. I would even take Smush Parker off their hands for the trouble. That should appeal to them...

All I know is that Shaq for 25 minutes a game would improve this team more than any available player.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote