View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 11:34 AM   #423
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
As a parent, I'd rather have three than one. In fact, I am much more likely to have someone closer to what/where something is going down with three spread out amongst a campus than one who is in the parking lot checking cars which are parked in the wrong place or in his office. 35K gets me one year, one guy. 25K gets me one year, but it only runs 5K a year ongoing for three.

You'd rather have three half-trained people with BIGGER priorities than security (like teaching) than one fully-trained officer who has no other priorities except for keeping the school safe, and you're citing MONEY as the reason?

Because 5K is a good amount of money to keep bullets out of your child's brain, but 35K is too much... (I mean, you could always just have another kid, right?)

Or maybe the problem is that 35K is too much to spend on a HYPOTHETICAL problem... I mean, you might want to invest in earthquake-proof buildings, lightening rods on swing sets, and a laser system that can shoot down asteroids - JUST IN CASE...

Or more realistically - where are the safeguards against teachers raping students? (because that happens a hell of a lot more than shootings, but nobody seems to be too concerned about persistent problems when we have so many rarities to worry about...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote