View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #21
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why wouldn't he stay? We'll have tons of cap space and the only teams who could pay him over market value are bottom-feeders, since all the competitors are pretty much maxed-out for the next few years... I'm not so sure that he'd take a little more money to put himself back into a bad situation - he's still young enough that he has to be thinking about his next two contracts, not just one.
Hmm...very good points, UD. It would be awesome if he stayed here and continued to play well for us. I see no reason why Mayo and even Collison can't be our backcourt for many years to come. I'm sure Collison's play will improve once Dirk gets here, I still remember the effect Dirk had with JJ when he was here. What I really want to see is OJ elevate his game up to the point that he earns his first all star berth. However, it's still very early and there's a lot of work to be done.