View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 10:27 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Does america have what it takes?

With the media going full-tilt to retreat mode and kerry having viet-nam flashbacks to his greatest victory (humiliating the united states into tucking tail and running) I've been wondering quite a bit if the rest of the US has the stomach for this fight. I'm not sure right now. All I really want to do right now is pretty much make glass and sort it out later, i'm wondering if many of us are feeling that way and we feel that this whole passionate crap towards muslim culture is just a waste of time.

Quote:
For us to achieve a just victory, it is important to hold ourselves to a higher morality. And when we fall short, the rest of the world should see that we can confront our own mistakes. If airing the Abu Ghraib prison pictures helps us do that, all the better. But we must not let terrorists take it as a sign that we don't have the stomach for war. That's why it's important to show the rest of the world that we're not afraid to kick some ass. And if seeing the gruesome images of Nick Berg's beheading gives us the mettle required to win this war, then he will not have died in vain.
link
Here is a war that has lost less than a 1000 soldiers and the US blue-states have their panties in a wad and are crying that it's doomed and we've lost, even though it's complete bs and only brought on because of politics. But I have to wonder if the us citizen hasn't sunk to that level, that bin laden was actually correct that we really don't have the stomach for any kind of long-term battle.
I think the biggest reason that bush's approval ratings are dropping is because he's NOT kicking ass, but apologising and trying to get the american people to care about the iraqis. Right now the american people could care less about the iraqis or pretty much any muslims right now. They just don't seem to be worth the hassle. It's disturbing.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote