View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 11:36 PM   #405
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
No, I'm not confused...just not falling for you backtracking like you want me to. Here is your original quote, the one which I said was nonsense.

You then go on and dissect several issues regarding gun rights and explain how they are all seperate issues.

I'm pretty sure I'm not confused.

Amused maybe...but not confused.
I'm sorry, I don't seem to recall asking you if you were confused. Did I miss something? But thanks for letting me know so definitively that you are not confused.

Yes, each issue we have discussed on this thread is a separate issue. But the gun rights of the individuals involved are all similar.

The "douchebag", as you call him - right to bear arms in defense of his neighbor's property, and perhaps his own self defense since the criminal entered his property.

The DC Gun Ban - right to bear arms in DC

The Armed Teachers - right to bear arms in school (the teachers, not the students)

See, they all involved the right to bear arms. The details of each issue are what makes them separate issues.

And to my quote you don't like... there are people who choose to exercise that right to bear arms, who are willing to use them if needed, and there are those who don't believe in guns and don't own one, and wouldn't use one even if they had a legitimate reason. How would you characterize yourself? I think you know where I stand.

I believe you said earlier, something to the effect of "bending over and taking it". Am I to presume that is how you categorize those who will not use a firearm, even if legitimately justified?

Oh, and you STILL haven't answered my question. If you don't like the superintendent's solution, then what is your solution? Or are you hiding behind Chum and pretending there is no problem requiring any solution?

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Last edited by jefelump; 08-17-2008 at 11:39 PM.
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote