View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #33
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah. You don't want me voting on monetary policy, and you don't want the general population voting on monetary policy.
I don't want anything resembling the situation we have now -- an unaccountable private cartel committing the moral equivalent of counterfeiting with impunity -- this is the situation we have and the situation which you defend.

My earlier point remains -- inasmuch as you have no vote as it pertains to monetary policy (or the people who set monetary policy), your vote doesn't really matter.

Quote:
I don't trust your analysis any more than that of the experts saying that the state of the economy necessitates this action.
My analysis is a simple statement of economic law, no more controversial than saying that an increase in the supply of a thing reduces it's price, all other things being equal. This is true regardless of whether one believes more Fed printing is necessary or not.