View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #51
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c
I was just going off your statement that you didn't think he was a good fit "anymore". At any rate, that line on him (not a point, too short for a 2) gets repeated a lot, but the evidence is pretty incontrovertible at this point that what he is is a good NBA player. Good enough to start on a team that made it to the NBA finals one year, and won 67 regular season games the next, in fact. Granted, you can just as easily bring up how those teams fell short with him as a starter, but my counter is simply that the Mavs aren't likely to ask him to be a starter this year, but rather to be a sixth man. And unless he plays well below his career standard next year he should be quite good enough for that role.
the "anymore" part of it had more to do with his game dropping to lower levels. I structured that post poorly. You could say however that JET is a bad defender and Harris > Old Kidd on defense so Harris could cover up for JETs shortcomings better, but I think Kidd's knowledge and instinct on team defense makes up for him having slower feet than Harris.

anyway, JET would be a good fit now if he was as consistent and young as he was when he first got her.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 09-18-2008 at 12:14 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote