View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 05:42 PM   #32
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
OK doke. I just read two straight quotes that said "silly" and "waste of bandwidth" and it got my hackles up a little.

But the upgrade from Kitten to Davis is worth a second round pick. Heck, I would give up a first if Toronto would send us their second.

Sure if you IGNORE the fact that Kitten is AWFUL at the end of games. He makes bad decisions. Does Kitten play when the game is on the line anymore? If the coach doesn't trust him then he really isn't much of an asset.

Davis gives us more of the things we would need to win a championship. In the playoffs, he would get some defensive calls due to his tough reputation and veteran status - do you think Diop is going to get a fair shake? I sure don't. And considering how Kitten has wilted under pressure this season can we REALLY expect him to give us anything in the playoffs?

So if Damp and Diop are in foul trouble in late in game 7 of round 2 against the Spurs, what lineup do you want? Kitten at PF and Dirk at center or Davis at center and Dirk at PF? Put me down for the latter.
In the scenario that you described above, I'd probably pick the latter too. But by then, it's quite likely KVH would have helped us win a game or two with his offense. Also, with him on the floor, the defense spreads and makes it easier for others to drive to the hoop. Apart from Jet & Dirk, KVH is the only guy who can reliably knock that outside shot. We can't afford to lose him unless it's a clear upgrade of a trade is what I'm saying. For someone like Pierce, I'd say send him packing in a NY second. But for Davis, I don't think so.

Btw, how many playoff games have we seen when the Spurs were saved by 3pt shooters such as Kerr, Horry, Barry, Turkoglu, etc.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote