View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #54
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

It's funny to hear people trash Dirk now... It's so funny, when I would read this board during the season, people did nothing but talk about how great this guy was but he has ONE bad series and guess what, now I hear about how terrible he is....

That's what makes me mad about some fans, people always want to look at things through rose colored glasses. During the season, Dirk played himself BUT if you watch Dirk he's always had some weaknesses. He's never been a good defender and I think he got exploited defensively this series and that really effected him from an offensive standpoint. The reality is Nellie knows Dirks weaknesses and he knew Dirk isn't aggressive enough so he kept people running at him. Johnson was CLEARLY outcoached in this series and Dirk could have gotten more help, well consistent help that is. Howard was the only one who came to play every night everyone else showed up in flashes. As much as I like Dirk though, you are NEVER supposed to get the performance from him that you got!!!! Maybe one game but he only played ONE good game out of six and that's truly unfortunate.

With that being said, I can't think of ONE GM or coach who wouldn't KILL to have Dirk on their team next year. So he has some making up to do with the Dallas organiztion and I think he will but for now, he'll have a year to think about how poorly he played this series!
Knickfan is offline   Reply With Quote