View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #122
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Two thoughts:

- It wouldn't surprise me if some of DC's residual anger over this is coming from the fact that he originally lost his starting job to DoJo. And maybe that's a good thing, in so far as it serves to blunt any resentment that might otherwise be directed at Derek. Regardless, I think DC will still get his minutes (DoJo being DoJo and Booby apparently being stuck on the shelf unless/until he gets fully healthy), and that he'll refocus sooner than later on the pride he'll be able to take in the second unit stretching leads and turning rough starts around, which they'll be in a better position to do once Dirk gets back and sets the rotations aright.

- As for Troy being an example of Rick's inconsistent expectations, I have to disagree. Troy wasn't able to make his shots in Dallas, but I consistently saw him playing hard and playing with his head in the game. Rick's been very consistent in wanting that from his players, and DC hasn't always played to that standard. Rick isn't above scrutiny when it comes to the methods that he employs in developing young PGs, or his insistence on preserving continuity of the offensive system by giving minutes to stretch 4s with average or sub-par productivity, but I don't think the exact criticism in question here is justified. On the contrary, I see the fact that Troy got PT in spite of his limitations as something that should be a pretty clear example for the young guys of what's expected of them.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 12-03-2012 at 04:58 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote