View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #135
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I just don't see why a few games should make that much of a difference in the evaluation of what he can do for the team when we're talking about a guy who's such a known quantity. And I don't think it's unfair to conclude that you seem to have found his body of work more than sufficient to make up your own mind about whether he should be starting, so what's wrong with the coaching staff making their decision based on the same available evidence?
When your Coach stresses that everyone should earn their keep, immediately inserting 38yr old out of work PG into the starting lineup goes against that principle. I don't have a problem with a temporary benching of Collison because his defense was horrendous, but 14 games is too small of a sample size to give him a demoted role. I do agree with LSMF that if Collison does play well he still won't get the starting job back.

PS
This conversation might for naught if you look at the schedule--12 of next 14 games will be against teams with very good PG's (Paul, Dragic, Lin, Rondo, Lowry, Holiday, Westbrook, Conley, Lawson, and Parker).
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote