View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 01:24 PM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Possible trade with the Wizards

Supposedly the Lakers would like to trade Caron Butler and the Wiz's choice of Divac or George (or someone else, I forget) for Brown, but the Lakers only want to go two years guaranteed so that they might get in the Amare/Yao sweepstakes in '07. They will only offer a third year at a team option.

But the Wiz really need a big man in a bad way. How good is this kid Brown? Or better, how good might be able to be, in the right environment?

You would think the Wiz would be very interested in Erick Dampier. The Mavs could take a chance on Kwame and sign him to a lesser-expensive and shorter contract than Damp. Then in '08 maybe Pavel or DJ is ready to contribute. (Do we really think that we can bank on Dampier being able to contribute at a high level in '08? This is the Nash argument again, except that I suppose a case could be made that it's easier on the big guys, age. But maybe not.)

So the Mavs could get some TRUE flexibility, and maybe they hit a home run with Kwame. And maybe they can get something else out of the deal. At least a good draft pick, if there's nothing else on their roster you want.

Oh, but I want Ruffin. Give me Brown and Ruffin for Dampier, and we'll just throw a deep PF/C rotation out there.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote