View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #18
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
wtf!?

that was perhaps the most nonlinear post I have read here.. which is saying ALOT!
It was Sweden, free health care and education and don't fear the moderate in the previous post I was commenting about. People are continually yammering about "The only industrial nation without universal health care" which requires a leap in logic along the lines of a mouse and an elephant are the same because they're mammals. There is almost nothing in our system remotely like the ones in Sweden as far as health care is concerned. Not the way we get Doctors, the way we pay them or the financial and legal responsibilities they have in our system. GPs are an endangered species because of the financial burdens on a newly minted MD.

We are poorly served by not separating the issues of reforming the system and Congress directly managing the process as the best way to proceed.

The push to start at the end result before modifying the processes that generate it has a high likelihood of disaster. Handing it over to Congress where the members and political agenda can swing wildly in cycles of as little as two years is a bad one. Tort reforms work. It's not addressed in any meaningful full way that I can find in the current proposed solutions.

We have the Federal Reserve, Supreme Court and CBO who theoretically are above such things.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote