View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:20 AM   #18
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
When I read the op, I was going to predict that he'd get slammed for 1) trying to be sensible, 2) being a right winger, and 3) being 92bDad. I was too late for all 3 predictions. But I think that gives us a pretty good illustration of where the political discussion is in this country. The picture of unicorn sex fits and is a good illustration of just how low both political discussion in our culture and dallas-mavs.com in general have gotten.
I'm not sure you actually read or understood the posts in this thread. To some, excluding yourself and those who can't wait to go through the ritual of voting in this country, the entire process is merely a symbol of stupidity and insanity. For some (myself included), the entire spectacle is just that... a spectacle.

I don't feel that this understanding of the political climate is cynical, I feel that it is the only logical assessment. The two-party system did not just come to be out of thin air. It is structured on fundamental principles of psychology and control. The control structure is not even really concerned with how you vote for someone to represent you. There are hundreds of examples of voter fraud that lay this out. This is not an opinion, it is a fact.

Any meaningful movement will eventually be co-opted. Take the Tea Party, for example. It began as a grassroots Libertarian movement concerned with limiting government. It was absorbed by the media blob and converted into a wack-job storehouse of Glenn beck fans. It has become a part of the political spectacle. These groups become a way to herd dissent into an ambiguous, fragmented group in order to monitor dissent. A milk-toast peanut will be tossed to the participants of said group in the following elections, but the balls of the phallus that screws the entire world chugs on.

And you and others fight over which ball you belong to.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote