Thread: 2016 NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #240
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
It's still too early to to legacy with Lebron. Wait until his career is done. And even Charles Barkley on the radio just this morning didn't have him top five ... or even top 7 honestly. You can't ride the emotion of winning this year's championship and declare him the GOAT.

Barkley's top:
#1-5 (in no order): Jordan, Kareem, Oscar Robertson, Wilt, Russel
#6 Kobe
#7 Tim Duncan
#8-13 (in no order): Magic, Bird, Lebron, and i forget the other two he said

Not riding any emotion at all. Just looking at his career accomplishments. I had him easily in my top 10 for a while now. A third title obviously is going to move him up a couple of spots. The guy just won is third finals MVP off the most dominant finals performance ever. Not too early at all to put in him in the top 5. The only other guys who have ever won finals MVP three times are MJ, Magic, Shaq, and Duncan.

Barkley's list is terrible. Oscar Robertson has got to be the most overrated player ever. No way should he sniff the top 10, let alone top 5. Russell doesn't get anywhere near my top 5 either. I'll also take Lebron over Kobe, Magic, Bird, and Duncan too. Really the only way you can argue Kobe, Magic, and Duncan over Lebron is that they have five titles each. Pretty much everything else favors Lebron. And I have no idea how you can realistically argue Bird over Lebron at this point.

Quote:
I really think the ref calls helped OKC to some extent and helped Cavs to a lot. For whatever reason, the NBA decided to go to letting players get constantly bumped, pulled, and pushed on the outside. This is a HUGE change in playstyle and very nearly took Curry and Thompson out of the game/series. The NBA needs to figure out what type of game they want played and then call it throughout the season and playoffs. This changing it up for the playoffs is just bullshit.

That said, the Cavs won it. Yes, I think the NBA helped, but the Cavs stepped up and did what was needed for three straight games. Curry never adjusted his game and lost. Plain and simple. Congratulations Cleveland Cavaliers!
The finals are always going to be more physical. I don't necessarily disagree that the officiating should be more consistent, but I don't see it as some big advantage for Cleveland. It's not like the Cavs' roster is really built for tough, physical play more than GSW is. There were certainly more than a few plays where I thought the Cavs got mugged.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-20-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote