View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #135
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
The state may indeed be way out of bounds, but you have to admit that the Compounds is peaking the out-of-bounds marker itself. I agree that the state may have over reached in tearing down the whole compound, but can you imagine how long it would take for the state to individually file abuse cases and hold hearings for each of them? That would take years. By that time some of the girls could be coerced into not filing charges on the older men.

The reason no one has been charged with statutory rape yet is that DNA tests havent come back. They take about a month and as soon as they are in there will be a lot of old farts going to jail, I am willing to bet on that.

The Lesser of Two Evils.
I find the notion that government lawbreaking is something to be tolerated so long as we imagine that the ends justify the means frightening and abhorrent.

cheers