View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 07:38 PM   #23
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:I have to say that any trade is useless...

Quote:
Originally posted by: seelenjaeger
Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
I agree... man Nellie frustrates me sometimes. This team is going to go through growing pains anyways so you might as well throw the kids out in the water and let them learn to swim on their own. I hate having jamison off of the bench...we should start and end with our 5 allstar claiber players.
Like I said before, Jamison doesn't owe the Mavs or Nellie anything. He should not be coming off the bench and he should demand that he play more minutes.
Huh? Now what´s that a statement? I don´t think a player should have the right to DEMAND to play more minutes. that would be pretty unacceptable and egoistic.

This sport is about TEAMS, about championships. It´s not about personal statistics or trophies. If Jamison wanted to be in a position to demand something from a team, or a coach, he should have become a tennis player or something alike. Basketballl is about team, is about doing what is needed to make the team win. And the responsibility lies on Nellies shoulders. Any "I demand to play more" attitude is unacceptable to me, at least to some degree (there are exceptions, though, and I am not adressing the "Coach, let me in, I can win this game for us" attitude).
What? Have you played team basketball before? Did you like sitting on the bench? Any player with any dignity doesn't like to sit on the bench. Unless he just wants to collect a paycheck. A player can demand whatever he wants as long as he has the clout to pull it off. Jamison averages over 20 pts 7 rbs a game.

Ok. Answer me this. Who is a better player based on last year's stats? Jamison or Delk?

If I were a coach, I would welcome any player that demands to play more. Shows he cares. I'll play him minutes but if he screws up, he's on the bench till he shows me something in practice.