Thread: Parcells done!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #68
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I get the feeling that if Jerry really wanted Zimmer as a futer head coach, he'd have talked him into staying since he knew that Bill may not be here.
That's just it. I don't even think Jerry knew Parcells wouldn't be back. How else can you explain him going to the Senior Bowl this year? Why go to the Senior Bowl if you're "retiring"?

Quote:
Can't really blame Sean Payton for leaving when he did to take a head coaching job. Those opportunities don't come around very often so when a job opens that you want you should take it. I don't think Bill tried to screw the Cowboys out of Payton by comming back another year.
Oh no I don't blame a thing on Payton. I can only imagine how hard it is to work for Parcells. He takes credit for every achievement there is and when something fails he throws it to one of the assistants. But I do feel if Payton knew Parcells wouldn't be back for the 07-08 season Payton would've stayed a assistant for this season and when Parcells left Payton would've taken over sort of like Avery Johnson did for Nellie.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote