View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 08:51 AM   #45
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas still looks like they are transitioning their offense from what I can see. That first half of the game with Philly, Dirk and Stack were facilitating instead of scoring. The second half, they tended to try and score.

Just from watching the game, (I didn't record it so I could break it down), it seems like early they are making an effort to move the ball, and get the centers into the offense. Ball movement is helping, but they are not always with the proper spacing right now. From what I saw in the first half, Dirk was taking the ball at the high post, and trying to get doubled, so they could work on finding the open man.

In the second half, when he took that same position, he tried to score, or run the pick-n-roll out of it when doubled. Timing on the cutting in the first half seemed off, but the pick-n-roll always works with Dirk from the high post.

Dirk is going to be very hard to handle, even if you double him, if this offense can get the timing of the backside cuts correct, and have the player who they double off of cut to the goal -- well that is if they can actually hit a lay-up. I am not sure how many point blank shots they missed last night.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 11-14-2007 at 08:52 AM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote