View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 11:48 PM   #5
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Obama and Hillary have brought out more voters that McCain i do not think can over come. Look at the turnouts and the votes. Compare the numbers to the Republicans. It is going to be so many Democrats vote in the next election for the Democrat nominee, the Republicans will have to sign up new voters and energize the base. I feel Obama and or Hillary would get some Republican votes. McCain might beat Obama with Independents but i am not all sure about this and probably McCain beats Hillary with Independents.

I do not feel McCain can beat either over all. If McCain gets Libberman, that will just make the hard core conservatives even mader and they will feel like McCain is throwing more dirt in their face. It would be two Democrats vs two other Democrats. McCains age hurts him and all he has been thru. Bush hurts McCain because anything with Republican behind the name hurts in the next election.

One thing to remember, McCain had the best chance in the polls against a Democrat and also Rudy. Those was the two(polls showed). Most Republicans do not like either one. So see how the Republicans are split but in the long run i felt a true conservative had the best chance even though the polls did not show this and try to bring the base together around a real Republican. Not a Rudy, a Libberman or McCain. Those are half Democrats and Independents.

What is scarry for Hillary at this point, is she is going to have to do what Rudy did. Put all her eggs in one basket. Rudy did this with FL and that was a bad move and Hillary is forced to do this with Oh and Tx. Today she was up 17 in OH but things can change fast and this monh does not and will not look good for her but i would not completely count her out yet. I agree it looks bad for her but it is not like McCain and Huckabee.

One good thing for McCain, the election is along ways off and he has some time but a debate against Obama or Hillary, i don't think McCain would come out on top. One thing to remember, all this is not McCains fault or any of these Republicans but they have a ball and chain around their ankles and it is hard to shake it off. That ball and chain is W, Cheney and Ramsfield. That in the long run was going to be hard to shake off. Obama and or Hillary will try to drive that point home when they go one on one.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote