View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #17
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Kidd's expiring deal is next year, if you wait until the summer of 2009, then he's a free agent and you can't trade him except in a sign and trade.

Josh Howard isn't worth Michael Redd (but maybe you could sweeten the deal a little--who knows what direction Milwaukee is going now--so that's worth a try).

Bass and Allen can't defend the 3. Wright at 6'6" is a little small for the 3, so I still don't think you've solved your problem there.

I didn't expect this to be a popular proposal (I love watching Dirk and Kidd is a great player), but if you wait until the players all age out, then you are condemned to years of frustration. I don't think it is worth it for a couple more years of 7 or 8 seeds and first round eliminations.

Dallas has a unique opportunity to do a deal--someone will--with Portland. Portland has more players, rights to players and draft picks than roster spots. And quite a number of those players are valuable--Rudy Fernandez is probably the best guard in Europe now. Probably better than either Calderon or Navarro, who have both proven themselves to be NBA players.

Aldridge is from Texas (Dallas, even) and is a major talent. I think you could get them both, salary filler with short term deals (LaFrentz and Miles) and some selection of other players, right to players and draft picks from Portland. Portland becomes an immediate title contender.

Dallas builds around Aldridge and Fernandez, who in two years will be a better combination than Dirk/Kidd. Dallas is out of the playoffs for just one year (next year, when Dallas still has its 1st round pick) and then is back in the playoffs in 2009-2010 and is a team on the way up.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote