View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #43
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

No surprise here, but I thought Obama showed a great depth of knowledge on the issues, and I thought that was actually highlighted by McCain's repeated assertion that Obama "doesn't understand" the issues. Obama spoke at depth on the issues, and had substance. Hard to figure how he "just doesn't understand."

On the aesthetics, I thought McCain did not do well. He was evidently unwilling to engage Obama directly. I would be hard pressed to remember more than a handful of times that he even made eye contact to his left.

If you've got the best of it, you don't shy away. Obama appeared to me, with his steady willingness to engage McCain directly, as a guy who didn't fear he had the worst of it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote