View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #17
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

This whole thing is complete BS. No way any charges would stand up in court. Prove where that picture was taken, or that it was even pot in the bong, or that the bong was loaded. The capus police and city police both already said no way they could press charges. This sherrif is just trying to get some publicity since he is an elected offical.

Aside from the charges, he is 23 and an athlete. His job is to train and swim faster then anyone else in the world, and he has done that, 14 times on the biggest stage. I get paid to look like im working while I type on this forum. Neither of us have a responsibility to be role models to kids. A kid should look to his parents, or at least people whose job it is to be upstanding citizens i.e Police officers, and such. I chaild should be allowed to admire an athletes skill set or even see how hard work, determination and sacrifice are often required to achieve your goals, but for a model on how to live, look elsewhere.

Athletes are gifted genetic speciamens, not saviors and should be viewed as such. Sorry for the rant.
MX425 is offline   Reply With Quote