View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Usually people who see things in that way tend to see themselves as "Good" and anyone who disagrees with them as "Evil." All you are really doing is defending your thoughts because you are threatened by some other person's thoughts. "What am I without my thoughts and ideas?" This seems to usually lead to fanaticism. Those images and ideas will become your anchor and life will lose its complexity and subtlety.

Funny I don't see myself as Good or Evil...I am what I am.

I believe that I am a mix of Good and Evil within...no doubt I have my own demons that I battle. I am NOT perfect, neither is anyone else.

I don't believe that Obama the individual is Evil, I however disagree strongly with policies and ideology that he endorses.

All of us are tempted by Evil, perhaps it is disguised and perceived to be good...but who am I to judge? I'm nobody...just a guy living his life.

I do agree, that we each have our own perspectives and beliefs as to what is Good and what is Evil. Most likely we are all right and wrong...again I nor you are perfect.

So what do we collectively do next, so that we are open to listen and respect other view points, while holding true to our inner core beliefs? Is there a set of Core Beliefs that collectively we can agree on? What are they?

Is something trivial like the burning of a symbol something that we can agree on it's action being right or wrong?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote