View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #32
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
i think a better example would be "what if the catholics wanted to build a church several blocks away from the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca?" --- although there is nothing inherently "holy" about downtown manhattan to christians, this is probably a better analogy.

the fact remains, the saudis wouldn't let the catholics do this. Why? basically because they suck. Can't we agree that our system is better than the saudi system, and strive to keep ours closer to where it is, and further from the saudi mold?.
Actually, I think there is an even better example of Western multicultural morality. Without looking it up, I think that a pope once convinced a group of nuns to build their nunnery somewhere other than the Jewish holy place that they'd had in mind.

I think "keeping our system" would be convincing someone to do the right thing, even though the wrong thing is perfectly legal.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote