View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 04:32 PM   #63
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Problem is, once a guy flashes the “3” part of the 3 and D equation the price just skyrocketed. Joe Harris is merely an adequate defender and not much of a ball handler/creator but has one elite skill and will get paid. Maybe 3-36 or something. Same with Bertans.

I’m for identifying the DFS of the world before they bust out. That’s why guys like Frankie Smokes and DJJ should on our list. DFS is one of the very best values in the league. Royce O Neal is a similar guy and Utah had to give a contract that was like twice what DFS got just due to the timing.

The variable in this is Rick. Does he have the patience to wait for a guy to click. He did with Dodo. And of course it’s dependent on the player be willing to put in the work—that’s kind of a given. I would take a chance on: DJJ being a player that’s had to scrape and work hard in Miami. If they think he can eventually be a league average(what is that 35-36%?)from 3 or better, and they believe in his defense than that’s the kind of move I’d like to see. Or Frankie, rescued from the mess in NYK land, puts it all together in a better system with a better role.
Absolutely. Guys who can hit the three are highly valuable and get paid.

That's why I don't trade a pick that has a high chance of netting us a 3pt shooter for someone who struggles to shoot well enough to keep teams honest. There are 80+ players in the Div I who shot better than Franky. There are two dozen+ shooters available in this draft. The odds of a shooter getting to us at 18 is almost 100% and the odds of a shooter better than Franky at 31 is actually incredibly solid. Jackson? Not really a contributor, but I think Franky is a perfectly average second rounder and this is a really stacked draft in terms of solid starter/journeymen.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-22-2020 at 04:39 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote