Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 02:18 PM   #36
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Bogut does have value for contenders this year, but I haven't been able to locate a situation/ trade that works. The Cavs and Celtics seem like the obvious choices but the only possibility I see is Bogut + young'n for Amir Johnson + second round pick, or so.
Yeah I think it would have to be for the next group of teams in the playoffs. Maybe even the ones on the cusp of making a playoffs. That first one is sometimes most important for the morale of a team or for getting players to stay in free agency. A team like the Blazers have lots of contracts that would make it work and they are under-performing. So maybe they are willing to part ways with an asset or future asset. Same with the Pels, prolly would love to get rid of Asik, who I want no part of... unless a 1st round pick is attached then I could go for it. There is also the inevitable injury that will strike. Remember when Portland lost Wes and gave up a 1st for Afflalo. Maybe someone like Deandre Jordan gets hurt, like maybe even tonight(i'm not wishing it honest), and they would be willing to lose a late 1st for a Bogut rental since BG32 and CP3 are nearing the end of their contracts. Of course it would mean Doc would have to trade his son away which, lets face it- he'd rather trade away BG32 for picks but you get the idea anyway

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 11-23-2016 at 02:19 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote