View Single Post
Old 11-11-2003, 09:09 AM   #8
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:What? Vecsey says Jamison wants to be traded?

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
Quote:
The national media as a whole don't like the Mavs, and love to take shots at this team anyway possible.
Why does the media hate the Mavs?

Is it because of Cuban?
They think he's a whiny owner and a publicity hog. I view him as "true" Maverick and great owner.
Quote:

Nellie?
They think he's too unconventional and he's Hack-a-someone strategies are too disgusting to the media. I think he's great in some situations but sometimes I don't understand what he's doing.

Quote:

Dirk?
Perceived as soft and defenseles.
Quote:

Fin?
I haven't heard anyone question his character or his heart. Just his dribbling and slashing ability. He really needs to improve those.
Quote:

Bradley?
Bradley gets a bad rap anywhere he goes. He's just a awkward 7'6 guy.
Quote:

Because they aren't sexy?
Can't comment on this one.
Quote:

Too many white guys?
Nope.

Quote:

Nash's hair?
Too greasy.
Quote:

Or are they affraid to support the Mavs because they are unconventional and therefore can't win?
You hit it on the head. What the Mavs are doing is breaking away from proven formulas of "you need an inside presence" or "you need a defensive stopper". The Mavs are really Mavericks!