View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 10:26 AM   #1
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Post Did MVP Announcement Hurt Nash/Suns VS LA?

It certainly seems to me that the rumor/announcement that Nash would be named MVP has fueled Kobe Bryant in this series. Oddly, it fueled Kobe to do the unthinkable, adjust his game as a true MVP would, and become a critical part of the "team concept." Prior to the beginning of the season I would have unequivocably given Kobe the title of "Best Player in Basketball" albeit with some hesitation due to the onset of King James in the East. I would never have considered his selfish 61, 82 point tirades or any other part of the regular season worthy of MVP consideration. But now, Kobe is playing like a true MVP.

Kobe: "That fa**it Nash, he's not the MVP, I am!"
Phil: "Kobe, if you think you are the MVP, start fu*kin playing like one and start making your teammates better!"
Kobe: "Fine! Mr. Zen-I'm-the-Dali-Lama's-white-cousin tell me how to do it?"
Phil: "You've been a one man show all year, stop jacking every damn shot, and start passing the ball unless you feel 100% sure you'll make it!"
Kobe: "So if I do this...we'll win the series?"
Phil: "We'll see a game 7."
Kobe (with a big stupid as$ Kobe grin): "Ok, I'll do it."