View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #13
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Erica, I love threads like this. They are so much fun to me.

No Rick Carlisle coached Mavericks team has finished above 3rd place. Well, guess what. I feel that the Mavs will finish in 3rd or above this year. I love what they have done in this offseason, and I still believe that Rashard Lewis will be a member of this team after recovering from his surgery.

1. San Antonio Spurs (safe bet since with Tim Duncan they have never won less than 50 games in a season unless it was a 50 game lockout shortened one)
2. Oklahoma City Thunder (had they kept James Harden I'd award them #1 and probably the best team in the league, but they did let him go... still a big mistake in my mind)
3. Dallas Mavericks (only reason they don't finish higher is because the new players have to learn the Mavericks system)
4. L.A. Clippers (fantastic team and only dropping a spot in the rankings because Dirk cares about winning more than increasing his wealth)
5. Golden State Warriors (barring a potential trade with Kevin Love this is where they sit)
6. Portland Trail Blazers (last season they make the playoffs for a while as I expect them to lose Aldridge after this season as I think he replaced Tyson Chandler after this season in Dallas)
7. Memphis Grizzlies (also the last season Memphis makes the playoffs in some time as I expect Gasol to leave for New York after this season as Phil Jackson makes a strong push to acquire his services)
8. Houston Rockets (no Chandler Parsons will prove to be a big loss for them as well the losses of Jeremy Lin and Asik; this will make for a fun I-10 matchup in the first round)
Thats not true. The 2009-2010 Dallas Mavericks were a 2 seed in the West, and they lost to the Spurs in the 1st round
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote