View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #77
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody explain to me how this ad is so horribly hateful and offensive.

Quote:
Terry O'Neill, the president of the National Organization for Women, said she had respect for the private choices made by women such as Pam Tebow but condemned the planned ad as "extraordinarily offensive and demeaning."
"Extraordinarily offensive and demeaning"???? Huh?

When I watch this ad I see a mother saying that although bearing and raising her child was difficult, she's extremely glad she did it....and then I see her son jump on top of her in a scene which suggests some sexual tension, but I doubt it's the oedipal overtones that sent the lunatic, unhinged abortion-loving camp into a tizzy.

It's the obvious subtext that momma Tebow's choice was a good choice (and that futures givers-of-life might think about before having their fetus ripped from their womb) that infuriates the abortion lovers.

I suspect, and I think it's a fair suspicion, that there are more than a few women who regret the choice they made so they could fit into a prom-dress or continue to climb mid-way up some meaningless corporate ladder. These women are plausibly living with their cats and eating their Ben & Jerry's and trying very, very hard not to wonder what life might be like had they not paid someone to kill that little thing inside of them that today would be their very grown child.

I think the abortion loving nuts such as those at NOW live in fear of women being confronted with the question of 'what might have been?' and especially with expressing regret over their choices. It's not choice the lovers of abortion are interested in preserving for women so much as it is abortion....they want women choosing abortion and anything that threatens this is bad, in their very demented view.