View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #75
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Of course his team got worse as they aged. The Celtics will do the same.
The Lakers entire core got old at the same time, and they replaced their second best player (Kareem) with a rookie. Not to mention all the extra games played because they went to the Finals 8 times in the 80's. Yet Magic still got them to the Finals at 31.

Quote:
Don't forget the ages we are talking about here. The limit was 4-6 years. In that time, KG will be between 35-37, Pierce will be 34-36, and Ray Allen will be 36-38. The highest age you've cited is 34.
But all of those players are under 34 for the next season or two. I think their window will probably decrease as each year passes, but maybe not...since I would expect them to be active in the free agent game, and I would expect players to want to play there.

Quote:
It's really hard to win without home court advantage, even when you've got great stars. Look at the Heat this year. I know Hakeem did it, but it isn't common. If they rest their guys during the regular season, they are going to be relying on big contributions from minimum-salaried players, and that simply won't get it done.
Great teams don't need homecourt. The Cavs didn't have homecourt this year. The Heat didn't have it last year. Y'all didn't have it last year when you beat SA. Y'all had it this year. Etc....

I'm not saying I expect Boston to win a title because SA and Pho have a big three as well, supported by a better supporting cast. But I really don't see why they can't come out of the East...and anything can happen in the Finals.
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote