Thread: Kevin Martin
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #65
stuportremens

stuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Martin's defensive shortcomings are my only reservation about him, but let's be serious. Are you acquiring Martin to be a defensive stopper? Furthermore, are you expecting Roddy to be a defensive stopper (or even be a really good defender)? If you answer "yes" to either question, then I'd submit that your expectations are unrealistic.
No, Roddy isn't a defensive stopper.
But he is able to keep up with quick guards (which is important if you also have Kidd on the court) and he has the physical tools to be at least an ok defender and he has already been better than Kevin Martin.

Further, Martin isn't just "not a defensive stopper", he's really, really, really bad. Apart from Steve Nash, it's very difficult to find another "star" player as bad defensively as Kevin Martin. You can mask this in the regular season, but against really good teams in the playoffs? I don't thinks so.
stuportremens is offline   Reply With Quote