View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #14
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
No, I am not in favor of the inheritance tax. I believe as Flaco said, that the money has already been taxed. It's an "inheritance", not an "income" earned by employment or investment. Just because a man dies, doesn't mean he should be taxed again for the amount of money in his estate. Now, if his house is sold as part of the estate liquidation, then I don't have a problem with a tax on the increase (if there is one), because that has not been taxed yet.

And yes, I know the inheriter of the money has an increase, so it's a fine symantical line. But I don't think the dead man should be punished for building wealth to pass to the next generation.
it is not a fine line of symantics! you are NOT taxing the dead man, because that is impossible. You are taxing the person that is receiving the inheritance. Period.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote