Thread: Maggette
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #66
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I want to see some clarification on this. Maggette would have a cap hold of 150% of his last year's salary, the way I read Coon's FAQ. I don't know what he made last year. But it does look like the Clips have all kinds of room under the salary cap. (I mean, like 30MM or so). Baron at 5 for 65 probably starts him at 9 or so. Right? Someone needs to work out the math on this...
I admit I don't know all the ends and outs of nba salaries, but if you look at the first post in this thread that I posted.

Quote:
The Clippers are the other team that could have space if they do not re-sign unrestricted free agent Corey Maggette. Maggette exercised his early termination option in his contract, leaving the Clippers about $10 million under the cap if they choose not to re-sign him. A few other teams -- the Wizards, Bobcats, Sonics and Bulls -- could conceivably get some cap room, but for it to happen they'd have to let their major free agents walk. ESPN.com
they were going to be $10 mil under before the Baron Davis signing without Maggette, which Baron Davis contract is about $11-$13 mil a year right? (5 for 65 is $11m/year) So aren't they over even without Maggette?

But dude every site talking about Davis to Clippers is saying the Clippers then can't resign Maggette, there's no reason to think that's not true.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-01-2008 at 09:33 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote