View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #83
|_Jeff_|

|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
This post is strange for two reasons: 1) because unless you used to post under a different user name, you weren't on this board during the 11/12 offseason, and 2) do you really believe that 1/3rd of the fanbase foresaw both Dwight and Chris Paul (who was also scheduled to be a free agent this summer at the time Dallas elected to offer Tyson only a short-term deal) opting into the final years of their respective contracts? Because that strikes me as an incredibly absurd claim.
My posts are mostly on another site. But yes, a significant segment of us saw it from the beginning and posted it. The only thing that caught me off guard was Dwight NOT going to Brooklyn. That was weird and inexplicable that he waived his ETO at the deadline. Chris Paul was never a realistic possibility. As DLord can tell you, I was slapping down his 3D and Dwight-to-Dallas BS from the outset. What exact percentage of tuned-in fans sided with me I can't tell you exactly, but there was a moderately-sized minority that agreed.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Last edited by |_Jeff_|; 08-12-2012 at 08:20 PM.
|_Jeff_| is offline   Reply With Quote