View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Ah, okay, that makes more sense. I thought Chris Paul's desire to leave the Hornets was so common knowledge that I thought I was taking crazy pills when I first read your post. Had to start googling to make sure I was remembering events correctly.

But in that case, I think you're in agreement with sefant's original point, which was attempting to point out that he didn't show a ton of loyalty to his last franchise. Therefore, there's no reason to assume he has much loyalty to the Clips either since he's way more of a mercenary for this Clips squad than he was for the Hornets.
Those links did remind me of Paul's intention of forming a super team to compete with Miami, which at least opens up the possibility (in my imagination) that he and Dwight could take a pay cut to team up in Dallas... Especially if Miami wins it all this year.

A Big Three of Paul/Dwight/Dirk would be formidable. Then they could do a Big Four, like what Miami has going with Ray Allen - but with Dirk playing the Allen role after his contract expires.

(hell yeah, imagination!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-26-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote