View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 01:22 PM   #89
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Mavs were fourth in the league in generating open looks. Luka passing the ball isn't the issue. Other teams have players with similar usage rates and are true contenders (76ers & Embiid; Bucks & Giannis).

Our biggest issue is pretty clear. We don't generate easy shots at the rim. We take way too many threes despite not having elite shooters. We don't have a roll man because KP isn't comfortable in the paint and Powell isn't the same player he was pre-achilles.
But what type of open looks are these players getting? I don't say that as a knock to Luka but if they are low percentage shots then what good are they?

It seems like the only thing this offense is good for is racking up stats for Luka. I just don't know how this is a winning formula. I said the same thing about a James Harden lead team.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote