View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 10:40 AM   #80
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:Cowboys offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
Dooby you are incorrect. Look at the succesful 3-4 defenses in the league and look at their ends. Pitsburgs ends have never gotten more than 5 sacks a game. Your job in the 3-4 is not to get to the quarterback but to stop the run. Glover would be a good fit in 3-4
I am incorrect? What an odd thing to say. I said that Glover was too small to play nose tackle. Officially, Glover is listed at 282 lbs. The best nose tackles in the game are Keith Traylor (Pats), Kelly Gregg (Ravens) and Casey Hampton (steelers). They weigh 340, 310 and 325 respectively. Seth Payne (Texans) weighs 315; Grady Jackson (Packers ) weighs 340. Hmmmm, he gives up 30 lbs to most nose tackes in the league. I would say that makes him small.

So you know, I actually did the work for you. So you know there are a couple of nose tackles weighing less than 300 lbs, but none are opening day starters. A couple got starts due to injury.

So I guess you are saying want him to be an end opposite Ellis? Eeeeeee. It is harder to be an end in a 3-4 than in a 4-3. You still have to be fast even if you are just trying to cover the run because you have to plug up both sides of the tackle.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote