View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 06:50 PM   #32
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
haha, and sadly the big 12s best team is still better than anyone in the sec...
Says you. I won't convince any of you, since you're all such flaming UT homers. UT would be one of those top tier teams in the SEC. But that doesn't guarantee a damn thing. Have an off week against someone like Oklahoma State...you can still probably win (And I'm not saying the SEC doesn't have it's share of cakewalks). It's just harder to make it through the SEC undefeated. Top to bottom, the league is more talented and faster.

Have an off week against Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, LSU...you're gonna lose. If UT has an off week...is there anyone you really think they'd lose to most years? OU. Nebraska maybe. Tech can sneak up on you. aTm tries.

Let me illustrate it for you guys in terms you might understand. NBA. Is it harder to win 60 games in the East or in the West? Duh. The SEC is the West. The Big 12 is the East. UT is Miami. They are the one good team among a bunch of also rans. Would Miami have made it to the Championship game if they had been in the West? Maybe...but the road there would have been much harder.

From Oct 16 issue of Sports Illustrated: