View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #482
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
Reports now coming down, of course, that it will be Matt Moore, their stud flamethrowing lefty rookie, starting game one. Buster Olney said Niemann earlier today, but the Tampa paper says Moore now.

Crap. We were going to demolish Niemann. We've never seen Moore before. Now, I really wouldn't want to be any left-handed starter facing Napoli or Beltre right now, but still. Slightly nervous, only because we've never seen him. His first start against the Yankees he struck out 11 in 5 innings.
Well, we hit straight fastballs very, very well - especially those with pace. Just depends on his fastball's movement and how well he mixing in changeups/sliders/cutters/etc.

Not sure of his pitching arsenal and that is the part that scares me but the guy is obviously one of the very top prospects in baseball so he obviously has talent.

Just comes down to whether or not he is Feliz-like (a pitcher that I think if the Rangers face we have great success against) where 75% of the time he tries to blow it by you or is he matured to the point that he is a pitcher and not a thrower? I guess we will see soon enough.