View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #37
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro View Post
I'd say it's more insurance against Ginobili getting hurt again. You're right that the Spurs still need a big. This deal in and of itself is great, but if they don't fill their other gaping hole for a guy to put next to Duncan then it doesn't matter. The Spurs had two glaring needs to address this offseason and they've taken care of one.

I'm not worried about the Spurs defense. Their D wasn't Spurs caliber this year anyways. Even if there is a dropoff it's going to be more than offset by what Jefferson brings offensively.
I agree all the way, except that the dropoff may be larger than expected.

RJ isn't known for defense.
Fin isn't known for defense.
Ginobili is known as a help defender.
Parker isn't known for his defense.

Put Sheed, Camby, Chandler, Kaman, etc beside Duncan though, and IMO, they are championship caliber again.

SA has one chip left needed, and then to remain injury free.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote