View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #51
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that Damps contract was maximized for relief during the next off-season. I mean he has one more year, but it is a team option I thought if he didn't meet guidelines. His value lessens as the season goes along, although I do think it relieves the salary cap numbers, just not the cash issues, unless he is cut in the off-season. Mark would still have to pay him till the trade date, I think- even though he could be cut anytime and the 13M come off the books. ( I think -- please let me know if I have misinterpreted this).

With that said, I am at a loss as to who anyone thinks they can actually get with him -- that might actually fit with the Mavs. Wade (I think is a very long shot). LBJ (no chance). Kobe (no chance). Bosh (maybe, and this would be my first thought, but still not very likely).

I have to admit, that if I had the chance to move the Dust chip right now for CP3 and Okafor -- which would save NO tons of money -- I would do it. CP3/Okafor/Peja for JJB/JHo/Damp/Gooden/Carroll/Williams will work $$$$, and JJB is the replacement point, JHo replaces Peja but has a player option and one year, Damp is cut, Gooden cut, Carroll's contract goes down, and Williams is cut. NO could cut $$$$$$$$'s of dollars, and still put a professional team on the floor. Dallas's top 10 at that point would be ready to win it all, IMO. CP3, Kidd, Marion, Dirk, Okafor -- with Roddy, Terry, Peja, Singleton, Humph, Thomas, and Ross on the bench, plus one added to get to 13 (Voskul?).

I am guessing that a SNT of Camby would be more like it, if Sterling could make a dime. I don't think they really like the ???'s and contract of Kaman.

Bosh is the dream I think, but Miami, maybe Cleveland, etc will try and sign him. Let's face it Toronto still has the inside track.

Joe Johnson is another name I think Dallas should/would go after, but he doesn't seem to want to play second fiddle, and with Kidd/Marion/Dirk and JHo -- ????

I just don't know who Dallas would be saving the DUST chip for, if say an Okafor and/or a CP3 etc is available. Okafor statistically is not massively better than Damp and for the savings that Dallas could offer, would CP3 be available? Three highest paid players basically wiped off the books.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 11-17-2009 at 12:59 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote