View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #109
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I'm hoping Garrett is the guy next year....

....no, seriously, I am.....

The thing about re-treads, like Cower, is that they've already retired once....they've already said, "I've won my trophies, had my fun, and I don't need the workload anymore." Coaching is for the most part a younger man's game these days. I think Cower / Gruden et al may be relatively safe picks but ultimately Bill Parcel redos.

Here's what I'm looking for from the team over the next 8 weeks - some fight, some discipline, a tendency to either play smarter on the field or get bitchslapped when they get back to the sidelines. I don't need W's under Garrett immediately, I just need some of the nonsense gone. If we see this team looking less like a bunch of p-diddlies and boneheads then I wouldn't be disappointed to see Redball back next year.
I sure as hell hope you are upset come coach replacement time then. I want ginger no where around this team after the end of this year. Cowher and Gruden are both young enough and passionate enough that if they commit to a team like Dallas they will be doing it with their eyes wide open and they won't be half-assing anything. Either one would be grateful and inspired and they would coach their ass off. The last thing I am worried about is a Parcells-like experience out of either of those guys.