View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 04:26 AM   #757
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I bought a PS3 on Black Friday. I'm doing one game at a time, so I finished Assassin's Creed in about a week and a half, playing for about two hours a day. Very beautiful, visually, but man the gameplay got so repetitive that I was having to make myself play it just to get it done. It never goes beyond a button-mashing with the exception of two fights, and that's the last two, where you have to use the hidden blade after a counter-attack. Only in the 9 assassinations that you do is there any creativity involved. I couldn't do the fake Richard + 4 Templars + archers fight, so I cheated a bit and ran away to my vigilantes, who held them in place so I could wail on them.

I hear AC2 is a lot better, and a lot more expansive, so I'll put that on my Christmas list, but for now, I need something else. I have all three God of War games, which came with the system, but I fear those will be too similar to Assassin's Creed. I also have Final Fantasy XIII (being a previous victor of all the others and a longtime fan of the series), and I bought Epic Mickey for my Wii as well. Any suggestions on what I should start next? Any new games I want to stick with the Greatest Hits collection to keep cost down (Gamestop had FF13 for $20 on Black Friday, which is the only reason I've bought it yet). I pretty much play anything, so what games do I just have to play for PS3?