View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 06:13 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:A thought from a veteran: Service or Self-service?

Thanks for posting, Doc. Great story. I've been saying for some time, to anyone who will listen, that if some young investigative journalist wants to earn his spurs, then all he needs to do is dig into all the records he can find and see if there is anyone else who can match Kerry's amazing record of accolades in such a brief span.

I don't profess to know the answer, but my guess is that you would find very, very few people who did in four months what Kerry did. Especially if you take the same four months, with people posted in similar roles as Kerry, in a similar place. If you narrow it like that, I'd be willing to wager that no one comes close to Johnny Boy.

But of course, the letter he wrote to request early release stated that he felt he could do his country a lot more good in politics than he could in the service. Nonsense! The man had the makings of a four-star general--the way his supporters interpret his record.

I will always believe that politics was the ambition from day one, and he saw Vietnam as his "horse to ride."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote